Northfield City Park Adventure Race #2
Do not register until June 1.
Your race time begins at the time of registration/payment, so plan accordingly!
Adventure into Northfield city parks on a quest to find coveted checkpoints, leading to your team's final destination. If you love deciphering clues, racing against time, and are up for a challenge, you will enjoy the thrill of this experience. Your race will begin at the time you submit your registration with payment, and will end after completing the instructions found within the final QR code.
You may start and finish your race on any given day between June 1 - August 1. Individuals, couples, or families are encouraged to participate. The first clue will be unveiled in your registration confirmation email, sent directly after registration is complete. Clue one will lead you to a Northfield park where a QR code will be located on a 1/2 sheet of laminated white cardstock paper. When you find the clue, there will be an instruction for completing an individual/team challenge. Following that, you will scan the QR code to receive the next clue, and so on. All participants will earn a free day pass to the Northfield Outdoor Pool, and the winning person or team of the race will win one $50 Community Education voucher to be used toward a future program. The winner will be announced early August. Participants will be mailed the pool pass shortly after completing the race.
Important to Note!
1. You must have a QR reader downloaded on your smartphone in order to scan the QR codes throughout the race. The camera scan on your smartphone will likely not work appropriately.
2. There are 10 total clues (1 in confirmation email and 9 after scanning a QR code).
3. You must keep an orderly record of the parks where you've scanned a QR code.
4. You will be asked to complete a challenge at each park. To the best of your ability, please video those challenges. After completing the instructions found within the final QR code, a reply will come within 24 hours, asking you to send in a specific video from ONE of your challenges.
5. Each clue contains two poetic stanzas (the last clue has many). The first stanza of each clue will assist you in finding the correct park. The second stanza is meant to help you with finding the general vicinity of the QR code.
6. QR codes will be found in Northfield City Parks only.
7. Northfield Community Education and the City of Northfield are not responsible for any injury or accident occurring from the race. The QR codes are placed with safety in mind. Please closely monitor young children on your team to maintain an injury free, successful race.
8. QR code readers can be finicky. Most people make the mistake of trying to scan too close to the code. Be patient. Sometimes the glare of the sun, etc. requires you to scan from a different angle. Try downloading a couple different code readers prior to the race. All race codes have been scanned over 5 times with a couple free code readers to ensure a successful scanning experience. (Kaspersky QR Scanner for Android and iPhone AND QR Code Reader for iPhone are the two I found to work the best).
9. Text 612-282-3069 with QR code issues.
10. Come prepared with tennis shoes and a water bottle.
11. No QR codes will be found on playground equipment, and the race will not require anyone to climb or dig. Codes will be visible to the eye (with some looking around), and easily scannable.